Thursday, February 26, 2009

Arrested Development film to shoot in Ypsilanti?

By Mark Maynard | February 26, 2009

I think it’s an incredible long shot, but, when my friend Arun told me today that Michael Cera, the last remaining holdout for the long-awaited Arrested Development feature film, had signed-on, my first thought was that maybe, somehow, we might be able to lure the production here to Ypsi. I know it’s a reach, seeing as how we have neither the West coast sunshine, nor the marina backdrop that viewers of the ground-breaking sitcom have come to expect, but we do have a local man with a fleet of Segways, which I’m sure he would make available to Gob, and, of course, there are those aggressive incentives for producers bringing projects to Michigan. And, there’s really no reason it couldn’t be a road movie. Maybe it already is… I haven’t seen a script.

http://markmaynard.com/?p=4249

No comments: