Saturday, February 7, 2009

West Michigan has a bright future in the movies

WZZM 13 | February 7, 2009

Last year was a busy year for the film industry in Michigan and 2009 is slated to be even better.

"I'm hardly able to contain myself. It's been that exciting," said Rick Hert, film commissioner for the West Michigan Film Office.

In April, the state passed what is considered the most aggressive film incentives in the country. Hert says since then there has been an onslaught of projects coming to Michigan.

"On a daily basis I'm talking to people interested in filming in West Michigan," said Hert. "I have about 6 feature films that are showing an interest, three scripts in hand and a project that is looking at the Grand Rapids area and surrounding area. I also have some documentaries, tv shows and commercials."

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=105190&catid=14

No comments: