Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thought leader in entertainment law

By Olivia Pulsinelli | Business Review Western Michigan | January 29, 2009


"Like most kids, I grew up loving movies. Then in college I had a chance to be in some student films. When I got to law school, I became particularly interested in what I call the intersection of visual arts and law," Butterer says.

Firm: Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge, Grand Rapids office

Title: Shareholder

Education: University of Michigan, B.A., 1989; Indiana University, J.D., 1994

Practicing since: 1994

Speciality: Entertainment law and litigation

Karl Butterer chairs the entertainment law industry group at Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge and has been a part of many panel discussions and forums about the film industry. He is a member of the West Michigan Film and Video Alliance and the Michigan Production Alliance.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2009/01/thought_leader_in_entertainmen.html

No comments: